HH Jayapataka Swami leaves hospital


jps_1The day we had all waited for has arrived! Guru Maharaja leaving the Hindhuja hospital after 2months of his admission.

Braja Hari prabhu and Rajasuya prabhu went to the hospital to bring Guru Maharaja. Bhadra Balarama prabhu and Vaikunthapati prabhu were already in the hospital for the night shift. Ekanath Gaura prabhu, Acintya Nitai prabhu, Maha Varaha prabhu and Isvara Puri prabhu went in the morning to assist in this process.

Guru Maharaja was given a shower in the morning, dressed in saffron attire, pavitram on his neck and decorated with auspicious tilak on his forehead. He was fed some fruits before leaving the hospital.

jps_2Devakinandana Prabhu organized the kirtan party and the other devotees to give reception when Guru Maharaja arrives the Juhu temple. Everyone was eagerly waiting to have his darshan. At 7.45 am the ambulance entered inside and the devotees thought he was in it. But the ambulance was just brought in case of emergency. Guru Maharaja came in a car following the ambulance. He was very carefully lifted from the car on to the wheel chair. Braja Hari prabhu garlanded Guru Maharaja to honor him and it was immediately removed from his neck. Conchshell was blown invoking auspiciousness. All the devotees had brightly lit up with smiles on their faces to see our Guru Maharaja returning back again safely. Few matajis we joined together spontaneously and we held a sign saying, “WELCOME” to Guru Maharaja. We also sprinkled the soft petal flowers on the pathway as Guru Maharaja was brought in to have darshan of the most merciful presiding Deities of ISKCON Juhu.

The atmosphere was very grave as Guru Maharaja entered into the temple. Govindam prayers were played. First Guru Maharaja offered pranams with his folded hands to Srila Prabhupada. Then Guru Maharaja was brought in front of Gaura Nitai Deities. Prabhavisnu Maharaja also joined Guru Maharaja in having darshan. Guru Maharaja was in deep emotions and in a very grateful mood towards the Deities and devotees to have him brought back alive in the service of ISKCON and the mission of Srila Prabhupada. As Guru Maharaja was taking darshan of the Deities all the devotees were so absorbed in having darshan of Guru Maharaja. Guru Maharaja honored caranamrita from the Deities. Devakinandana prabhu gave a welcome address to Guru Maharaja. Also Guru Maharaja spoke the following words in a mike, “Gauranga! Hare Krsna! Thank you all for praying. Keep praying so that I can recover fully and do some seva soon. Radha Rasabihari ki jai! Sita Rama Laxman Hanuman ki jai! Gaura Nitai ki jai!”

As Guru Maharaja was about to get into the car, an elderly man approached Guru Maharaja and spoke the following auspicious words, “With my 38 years of medical experience, I can say that you will be fully alright and will be without any leftover symptoms of the stroke.” His words appeared very convincing and perhaps Krishna sent his blessings in disguise through him!

Guru Maharaja was again taken back into the car to bring him to
Bhaktivedanta hospital which is a 11/2 hour ride from Juhu. First went the ambulance following Guru Maharaja’s car and another 2 cars behind Guru Maharaja with some senior devotees and Guru Maharaja’s personal servants and also Dr.Acyutananda Prabhu and Dr.Shiromani Mataji. All the vehicles side parked on the way for Guru Maharaja to take his morning breakfast. Maha Varaha prabhu was feeding Guru Maharaja so nicely. Again we continued the journey.

The Bhaktivedanta Hospital has some domes on the building resembling a
temple. All the Bhaktivedanta hospital doctors headed by Dr.Madhavananda
prabhu and other devotees were present to receive Guru Maharaja. In the
reception hall, Guru Maharaja made pranams with his hands to Srila
Prabhupada’s murti. Then he was taken to the 4th floor where his room was.

Few devotees took the opportunity to have darshan of Guru Maharaja. Bhadra Balaram prabhu’s brother, Siddhesvara Gaura prabhu had come from Surat to give some donation which was collected from the Bhakti Vrksa members of his yatra. He received blessings from Guru Maharaja. Narataki Mataji, Srila Prabhupada’s disciple also spoke to Guru Maharaja. She is serving in the Spiritual care department of Bhaktivedanta Hospital.

Sri Sri Radha Giridhariji and Sri Sri Jagannath Baladeva Subhadra Devi are
residing nearby the hospital at ISKCON Mira Road. The devotees took prasadam there and some of us left back to Juhu.

Guru Maharaja will be having intensive physiotheraphy session for the
minimum next fifteen days. His schedule will be tight. Guru Maharaja wants to soon recover and devotees are asked to keep praying for his full recovery. Also visiting him is still prohibited due to his low immune system as well as for having physiotheraphy sessions.

Patita Pavana Guru Maharaja ki jai! Nitai Gaura premanande Hari Hari Bol!